1,000 True Fans or Even 100 Super Fans is all You Need.
Keven Kelly published in 2008 (and then updated) a famous piece stating that most of us could make a good living by only focusing on 1,000 true fans.
Neil Patel took that down even further in his section: "Finding your 100 true fans" of his post "The 5 Stages of Blog Growth" where he advocates to focus first on the 100 fans. By narrowly focusing on the first hundred, you learn how write and communicate with your initial fan base and then export that refinement towards the next 900 with more accuracy, speed and depth.
Seth Godin goes even further and suggests starting with 10. 10 by 10 by 10 is the idea that you tell 10 people you know of your great idea and if it's good, it will spread.
- Interview with Kevin Kelly on how he wrote 1,000 true fans
- Seth Godin's New Podcast released just last week 2/13/18
- Start at 7:15 to fast forward to 1,000 fans reference
- Anna Do's 1,000 true fans video
- Production quality a bit basic but still interesting with regards particularly to the long tail.
Hypersite True Fan Building
- We take over your email list – segment, nurture and grow into true fans
- We build your list with great, easy to produce content (Hypersite Content Marketing Program)